Monday, 9 December 2013

i have done a risk assessment which i will attach to this blog. the out come of doing this risk assessment was that the light change is safe enough for us to do our self s it just now depends on price and the quickest way to carry it out. if i and the other electrician do it the company will then be without an electrician for the duration of the LED change, so that's another things to consider unless we can do it out of hours but then we would have to be payed time and a half for the out of hours work and that means we can still do normal duties during the day.

Monday, 18 November 2013

ideas and risk assesment

I'm now deciding on different ways we can carry out changing the lamps, the ideas i have so far are for me and another electrician to hire some access equipment and fit them our self's.
we can pay an outside group to take care of it all that would include their own equipment, access and fitting.

i am going to write out a risk assessment for if i was going the job to help me in the decision of the method of carrying out the change.

Monday, 11 November 2013

received a quote for a retrofit LED lamp

i have now received a quote for one type of light we have in the car parks it is a retrofit led lamp, i am going to work out the total wattage it is currently and what it will be if we switch to these new lamps giving me a wattage saving. from this i will try and work out the cost saving and the cost of the lamps in total.

Monday, 4 November 2013

still waiting on suppliers

This week i have checked with the electrical suppliers and they are yet to arrange a date for the walk and talk around site. i have had a count up of the number and types of lights in the area we are wanting to replace for more energy efficient lights. i will pass these numbers and types onto the suppliers for quotes and hopefully different methods for the replacement.
I have been thinking about how it will be done, maybe the suppliers will get in their own contractors to carry out the work, depending on the cost of this, i may have to price up access equipment and other equipment to carry out this our self if its more cost effective.

Monday, 7 October 2013

Arranged meetings

I have had a talk to my manager and we will be arranging to have a walk around site with the company Robert Neils and City Electrical who are both electrical suppliers, to discuss the change of our lights to led or any other viable options. They will then work out costings for the parts needed for our lights. I will take into consideration cost of parts, electricity savings and how bright the options given to me are.

Monday, 30 September 2013

Talk with management for ideas

I've had a talk with my management team and they have suggested i look at replacing all our car park lighting to LED or any other option that will cut costs of running and still give out adequate light. This will only go ahead if there is enough money in the budget to change them, so i will be looking for a cheap but good enough replacement that will suit the needs of the car parks.